Horticulturalist/Turf Maintenance – multiple roles
Rosemont Stud is one of Victoria’s most progressive stud farms, emerging as a leading provider of thoroughbred services covering breeding and spelling near Geelong. We are seeking candidates to fill the following positions:
Based on the outskirts of Geelong set among stunning homesteads, our properties boast manicured lawns, formal hedging and beautifully designed gardens. Due to expansion and growth we are seeking passionate horticulturists to fill multiple roles joining our team of dynamic gardeners.
For the right candidate, you’ll fit into our team as either a highly experienced gardener with your background managing a team, as a horticulturalist or turf specialist with extensive experience or as a less experienced but equally passionate individual, to grow with us and learn and develop the skills necessary to be a career gardener.
Our requirements for a lesser experienced individual are pretty straight forward, have an avid interest in gardens, be passionate about learning and have a good attitude. We don’t want to leave any stone unturned and are casting our net far and wide to capture passionate staff with a dedication to development and growth
The successful experienced candidates will ideally have the following:
- Experience in maintaining residential gardens with a solid understanding of horticultural practices.
- Understanding of soil conditions, ph testing, cultivation, fertilising and mulching techniques.
- Plant identification, with ongoing monitoring, diagnosis and applying associated treatments.
- Experience with proper pruning and hedging practices.
- Experience with garden tools such as, ride-on mowers, whipper snippers, hedge trimmers, blowers & chainsaws.
- Experience with irrigation systems, controllers, repairs and install.
- Turf maintenance, covering a variety of both cool and winter grass species.
- Identification of weeds, pests and disease for correct product and treatment selection. Experience and knowledge with natural and organic control methods not essential but highly regarded.
- Be positive, enthusiastic, and flexible with a hands on attitude and attention to detail.
- Be physically fit, reliable and take pride in their work.
- White card, EWP Yellow card, ACUP spray ticket and Chainsaw ticket highly desirable but not essential.
Horticultural certificate highly favoured unless proven extensive experience in the horticultural industry. The right aptitude will be crucial in landing this role.
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you, please forward your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org